Sunday, January 26, 2014

Leprechaun Tricks!

Maybe it's because I'm looking forward to spring ... maybe it's the Irish in me ... I'm not sure ... but I have this strange desire to get my St. Patrick's Day items ready.

I spent some time doing a revamp of my Tricky Leprechaun Mirror Words activity.  I've jazzed up the cards, added an I can.. student instruction card and included a black & white option.

Here's the scenario - tell your students that the leprechaun has shown up and printed the St. Patrick's Day words in mirror image.  The only way to read them is to use a mirror.  Their job is to use a mirror (I picked up a few at the dollar store) to read the words and record them.
MAGIC!


Your students will find this change to their word work a treat and be proud of themselves for outsmarting the leprechaun!!

If you already own this St. Patrick's Day activity just head on over to TPT to redownload.  You can find it HERE at my TPT store.

I'll send a copy of this unit to the first 3 people who comment on this post :)

14 comments:

  1. Cheriemae@gmail.com - would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun idea. I love it! Carol cpolston3@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! ahenry4443ah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being such a faithful reader of my blog :) Check your email.

      Delete
  4. Love this! What and awesome idea! RSmith281@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were less than a minute behind the 3rd comment and must have been typing at the same time - check your email :)

      Delete
    2. What a great idea! Will definitely be buying. Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. How cute this is! Great idea. Going on the wish list.
    -Andrea
    alwayskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this! super cute idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog and this precious activity. I retired last June but continue to keep on the lookout for activities to use with the students I tutor and mentor as a volunteer in the schools. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing about retirees who volunteer :) Enjoy retirement!!

      Delete