Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Earth Day Writing Freebie

I'm still in the midst of April planning and each year I have my kiddos create these writing mini-books as we get closer to Earth Day.

It could be used as a stand alone activity but I use it after I read "A Tree is Nice" by Janice Udry
If you have not seen this book (is that possible?) it is about the life of a tree throughout the seasons and how it can be 'useful' in each season. 

To complete the writing activity students complete the pattern
"A tree is nice in______. I can ____________."

Each year I get some amazing creative ideas.  Here are a few that former students have come up with. 
A tree is nice in fall.  I can hang Halloween decorations on it.
A tree is nice in winter.  I can hide from the cold wind.
A tree is nice in spring.  I can see bird nests in the branches.
A tree is nice in summer.  I can climb to the top.

If you would like this freebie head on over to my TPT store.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this cute writing activity. I love that book! I read it to the kids every year and they really like it. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm glad you love the book too :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete