Sunday, February 3, 2013

Corduroy Bear Booktivities

NOTE: this product has been updated.  See the new post HERE.

For a couple of months I was on the search for the perfect clipart to use with activities to go with one of my favorite books - Corduroy by Don Freeman.  One of my students asked me why I have so many copies of the book :)  I searched so many designers and then finally decided to have a custom design made.  It was worth every penny to have Jessica Weible at JW Illustrations design this little guy for me!!!
Here's a little picture with I took with Instagram of a few of the activities.
 
and a preview
A few of the activities included are: ABC order, sentence scramble, true / false story statements, noun / verb / adjective word sort, and a sentence type sort.  There's even a word search which would be perfect for early finishers and probably what I think is the cutest a color by vowels activity.  Click here to find this unit at my TPT store.
 
Now for some winners of my recent giveaway!
Congratulations Maria and Liz!  I just sent you an email with the math stations!
 
Don't forget about the ongoing Valentine Freebie blog hop.  Click the picture below to visit 2nd Grade Pad for your freebie today!
 
Many of you are shopping at the ongoing sale today over at TPT but for those of you spending some time this afternoon blog hopping you're in luck.  I'll send a copy of my new Corduroy unit to the first 2 followers who leave a comment on this post.  Don't forget your email!
 
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!
 

11 comments:

  1. This unit is absolutely precious! Love it! I would love a copy! I hope I'm one of the first two. Thanks so much!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Corduroy! This unit looks adorable...crossing my fingers! :)

    Thanks,
    cathy@missversteeg.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's two! I'll be sending it shortly ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This unit looks so cute! Thanks for sharing and the clipart is even cuter!


    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know she did custom orders. Was it a lot of $? You can email me and let me know if you don't want to discuss it here.

      Delete
  5. HI! I am your newest follower! LOVE your blog!!

    -Holly Phinney

    Specialsmartspecialhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!
    I wanted to let you know you were the winner of my giveaway! I have sent you an e-mail so you can let me know the ten items you'd like from my TPT shop and I'll send them your way! Congrats!!

    Bri
    The Price of Teaching

    ReplyDelete