Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halloween Tens and Ones Mystery Picture



NOTE:  This product has been updated - please visit HERE



I LOVE mystery pictures and my students do too.  However, I also like for my students to do a little 'work' before they begin coloring on the hundreds chart.  This Halloween Mystery Picture requires students to solve the numbers then color.  For example,

3 tens 4 ones _____
Students need to figure out 34 before they find 34 on the hundreds chart.  They won't even realize they are working on place value.  We teachers are so sneaky !
 I often copy the 2 student pages on an 11 by 17 paper so the students have them side by side.  Another option is to have them do all the solving first then give them the hundreds chart to color.  This is a perfect quiet activity for students as you get closer to Halloween.  You can find it here at my TPT store.
Since you know how much I love to share my products I will send this to the first 2 people who follow my blog and leave a comment (with your email) on this post.




6 comments:

  1. Please don't think I'm Blog stalking... Ok I am home with a partial wrist fracture! and we had no school today :) So I am visiting all my blogging friends alot today!!

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com

    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a day to blog stalk, but without the sore wrist! I hope it heals quickly!

      Delete
  2. I follow you and I love your cuteness!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee
    jubileerae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower! Love your blog! I am also following your collaborative board and would love to contribute to it as well. Thanks!

    Here is the link to my pinterest in case you need it.
    http://pinterest.com/akoysh/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Pinterest isn't letting me add you right now. Sometimes there is a delay between you following the board and me adding you. I'll keep trying!!

      Delete